BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

It Is What It Is

As most of you probably know my favorite part of each day is just before dawn followed by daybreak, watching the sun rise. From on top of a mountain surrounded by trees, watching the sun rise is a challenge.

It comes to me through the leaves shining as diamonds sparkling, shooting out beams of sunlight. I sit facing the Light so that I can feel God's presence in each beam of light radiating out in all directions.

I sometimes think I could sit all day enjoying the peace of the morning. It is usually at this time of day that I am most inspired to write. I think because it is such a calming feeling to be surrounded by the presence of God. And although I am fortunate to feel that all day, there is just something Holy about that first ray of Light filled with so much love.

Last year I was overcome with the busyness of life to the point that I forgot to Let Go and Let God be in my daily thoughts. I was trying to do it all on my own and there was no peace in my life. And then I discovered the daybreak and it became my precious time to start the day.

I wrote this poem early one morning in June 2008, after watching the sun rise through the leaves of the trees on my mountaintop:

It Is What It Is

So we look into the world and see our lives entwined.
We have to ask ourselves to explain what we see.
For what purpose are we here on this magnificent earth?
To be one; to be a few; or to be a collection of all there is?

We move and lean into the daily grind of wake and sleep.
To be calm one minute and then thrown into the storm the next.
Listening to the sounds we hear call to the person we are.
But is that person you or me or the one down the road?

The candle burns slow and steady moving with grace.
Our life is a reflection of that light as it flickers in the breeze.
And when that light is extinguished the flame is still there.
Only it is hidden from our sight but not from our hearts.

We move, we grow, we let go and then just be.
Our life on a journey is moving from one experience to another.
Never knowing if this is it - is this all there is?
And in the end we rest in peace secure that all is well.



Unlike last year, when my life was not simple, today, I am whole and well, happy and content, and filled with love and so blessed. I can look at the sunrise and know that I am loved and know that all is well. Thanks be to God.

0 comments: