BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Light of God

I've decided that if I ever get a tattoo it will be a star; a tiny one just above my left ankle or maybe like a lot of celebrities put it on the inside of my left arm just above my wrist.

A star symbolizes so many things to many different people but for me it symbolizes the light of God. I read this anonymous quote recently that only confirmed my belief:

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine the brightest."

I ask myself, who am I? Am I a star that shines my own light?

Do I follow my own path? The answers, of course is YES.

It is very comforting to be a shining star, the light of God. I can feel the glow on my face and in some cases even the heat. This can come when I hold a grandchild in my arms or walk into a room filled with strange people and not feel alone.

Everyone I meet is a reflection of myself, and if I am a shining star, then too are the people I meet. As simplistic as it sounds, if I'm a shining star and the person I meet is as well, and the next person and so on then the earth would be the brightest star in the universe.

I wrote this poem a few years ago about the light of love, God's love:


The Light of Love

The light of love touches my cheek
as a ray of sunshine.
It may come as a blinding light in early morn or
as a beam dancing around the shadows of trees.

The light of love warms my fingers
in a sink of sudsy water.
A simple task that can be done alone while meditating
or shared with someone I find dear.

The light of love tugs at my heart
when my granddaughter calls my name.
“What darling?” I ask in response
as she begins to tell me about her day.

The light of love is a gentle hug
from a dear friend.
Old or young, the gesture binds us to each other
reminding us of the power of touching.

The light of love is the Divine presence
surrounding me.
It lights my life, warms my heart, and
reflects back into the lives of the people I touch.


Yes, I can say who I AM - the Light of Love, walking as the Light of God, a Shining Star.

0 comments: