BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 2, 2009

"Go Live"

Yesterday, I met with the board of the Chattanooga Writers Guild in a workshop/planning session to start the new year. It was a successful meeting and we accomplished a lot. There are four new members on the board this year. So we spent part of the session getting to know one another.

One new member could not be at the meeting because his company rolled over a new product and it was “Going Live.” Someone asked what that meant and so another member explained saying that when a new product is worked on some times for months and other times as much as a year and is ready to go into production or made public for the first time, the term is “going live.”

Having heard this term before from my son and two daughter-in-laws who have at one time or another “gone live” in their own line of work, I was familiar with the term. But the explanation this member used was like the goalie in a hockey match. When he fails to block the puck and the other team scores, bells and whistles go off telling all in the arena that this goalie just messed up big time. And so it is when a company goes live, every department or person is exposed and if something fails bells and whistles don’t go off, but everyone knows who caused the failure.

I made the comment after the explanation that I go live every day of my life. And as soon as I said it I realized the truth in that statement. Everything I do in my life, I am accountable for – no one else. And when I fail at doing what I’m supposed to do there are repercussions. I won’t hear bells and whistles, but I will know that I didn’t do justice to what I said I’d do. Or I didn’t make good on the promise I made. And why would anyone want to live like that?

I don’t. So that is why I live each day with purpose so that it will be a Perfect Day. I wake to a bright new dawn and “Go Live” living my life as God intends me to live it.

1 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

Hey Pris! Glad you're back!