BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Let's Go Shopping

What girl does not like to shop? Not many I venture to guess. However, shopping with a four year-old can be a challenge and yet her mother and other grandmother and I decided to go for it.

It helped that we had a great reason to shop - my other daughter-in-law, Laura's birthday is this week and we asked my son, Jason to do the impossible, come up with some ideas. Instead he asked her and emailed us a list. Very business-like of him, but also a very kind thing to do with his busy schedule so we were grateful. Unfortunately, we forgot to print the list out and bring it with us so we had only our memories to recall what Laura wanted.

We decided to meet after a birthday party they were all attending. I was waiting at the downtown Grapevine where they picked me up. We then drove to
Chickamauga, GA , one of my daughter-in-law's favorite places to shop. And since she was out in California with my son and their baby visiting her family, there was no chance we'd run into her.


Unfortunately, although the birthday party was a big hit with the four year-olds who were fed something for lunch, the grown-ups were not and so my daughter-in-law and her mother arrived starving. Our first stop was a quaint little cafe directly across the street from the Gordon Lee Mansion.

The cafe had only been open one week but the food was great. Although I had already eaten my lunch, I could not pass up the fried green tomatoes. While eating we took a few pictures.
The is a picture of Grandma, Paige and Mimi (me):
The second is a picture of Grandma and Paige:


And the last was taken BY Paige of Mommy and Mimi:



We had a lot of fun going into two shops and picking out some great gifts for Laura. Paige was a trooper the whole time and it was such a joy to see three generations having such a good time together.

But the heat of the day got to us and so we loaded up the trunk with our gifts and piled into the car, Paige in her car seat with Mimi beside her in the backseat and Grandma in the front seat with Mommy. As we drove through the winding tree-shaded streets of this historical town, Paige asked her Mommy one last question:

"Are we shopping any place else Mommy? Because if we are I'll just be exhausted." And within a few minutes her elbow resting on the arm piece and chin resting on her hand she fell into a deep sleep and never even saw her two grandmothers leave the car a little later.

It was a fun, happy and good weekend thanks to a special day with my granddaughter Paige, my daughter-in-law Debbie and her precious mother Gil.

God is Good!

0 comments: