BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Realizing Your Purpose

“Creativity is not something you wait for. It is something that waits for you.” – Neale Donald Walsh

When I was fourteen years old, my Cadette Girl Scout Troop took a bus trip from Baton Rouge, Louisiana to Petite Jean State Park in Arkansas. We had worked hard selling our Girl Scout cookies and made enough money so that our parents didn’t have to foot the complete bill for the trip. Interstate highways were few and far between. So we made the trip north along state highways slowing down as we passed through towns. Somewhere in north Louisiana, we stopped for snacks at a gas station. Inside we purchased snacks, drinks, magazines and paperback books. I picked up a mystery novel by Phyllis A. Whitney. By the time I reached the state park, I had finished the book. And planted in my heart was the desire to be a writer.

The other day I picked up a local magazine that I found interesting, enjoyable to read, and well-done. I immediately felt the pull to write for this magazine, but as usual, fear of rejection crept up and put the procrastinator bug in my mind. The magazine sat for weeks on my desk. Then I remembered that when I am called to do something that appears too large, I need to trust God. I realized the editor of the magazine would never know I was interested in writing for him, if I didn’t let him know. So I typed up an inquiry and hit the send button on my computer.

Being pulled to do what I love should not be a problem; it should be a gift. Listening to what God wants me to do is a joy and with God as my guide, I am successful. For today, I received a response from the editor who is interested in the possibility of my contributing some articles for the magazine and thanked me for my inquiry. He is looking forward to seeing some of my past articles from other magazines and newspapers.

I may not be writing mystery novels or making mega bucks for the work I’ve already published, but being able to put my words down on paper and feel a sense of accomplishment that I have a purpose is a pretty darn good feeling. I realize my purpose and I claim my good.

“You shall be successful.” – Joshua 1:8


Seeing With Clear Vision – January 26, 2011

0 comments: