BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 21, 2011

Seeing With Clear Vision - January 21, 2011

“In my end is my beginning.” – T.S. Eliot

Everything I go through in life produces spiritual growth. Two months ago, my husband and I embarked on a most unusual journey – bankruptcy. Not something I ever dreamed would happen to us but it did and, “it is what it is.” There is no shame in filing bankruptcy as our debt was not personal debt but debt incurred from our business. However, our business was our personal debt so it was a very serious step in our journey. I like to think of it as a crook in the road.

I cannot speak to my husband’s state of mind before, during, or after this process ended – only how it has affected me. It is important that I take the time to reflect on this experience and consider its meaning for me. If my husband asked me again to give up our world of corporate finance to start our own business with two of our grown children, would I say yes again? Of course.

Looking back the past sixteen years, our family has grown to include two daughter-in-laws, one son-in-law, three grandchildren and one on the way. My children are best friends to each other and their spouses. They are best friends to my husband and me. When I look at my family I do not see a family stricken with the burden of bankruptcy, I see good, joy, love and peace. Although my children did not lose their home or business, two lost their jobs as they worked for us. But we are all better for the sixteen years we shared in our family business. I consider it a success and not a failure. I am proud that we took a chance and made a difference in the communities we lived and worked.

So what is next? I am not anxious about my life because my good is centered in God and I know my needs will be met. By surrendering to the power, presence and life of God, I become the force of God for good that is reflected in the life I lead. A greater good then comes forth for me and is always available and present in me.

An end has come to my life but it is a chance for me to start fresh and recognize that renewal is a natural process. I affirm that I am a better person because of my circumstances and I will grow and learn from this experience. And it will be a new beginning because I choose to see as God sees and I am one in God.

“For this I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth.” –John 18:37

0 comments: