BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 28, 2011

Recognizing God’s Truth

“I desire to remain and do whatever be your Holy will in my regard.” – Mother Teresa

I guess if someone asked me who my hero was, I’d have to say Mother Teresa. Not because she did good works but because she had the ability to look at people and see God and do so without thinking about it. She was able to live her life in service and humility as if it were the natural thing to do. Led by her belief in God, she knew what to do before being told.

I had a professor at Salem College in Winston-Salem, North Carolina whose lectures turned me into a sponge as I soaked up every word he said. But gradually I came to realize that the things he said or taught, I already knew before he said it. At first it frightened me, but when I questioned him he told me that I already knew the answers, but that I wasn’t ready to hear them in my heart.

Having this knowledge was powerful. To know that inside my being is a wealth of knowledge just waiting for me to recognize as God’s truth and then be called to act upon it without hesitation is transforming. And doing what God calls me to do means that I will know what to do and when to do it, not unlike my hero, Mother Teresa. Now, I may not be treating the sick in a leaper’s colony, but just as Mother Teresa did not see the scars and scabs of the disease of her patients; instead she saw Jesus, I too can choose to look at another and see the face of God.

Each morning I recite a 10-step Tai Chi called “new forest tai chi” by John Bright-Frey. Number Four is CORE – being strong, solid, and sturdy. I add that I have at my core God (and I place my right hand over the center of my chest) and that I center my life in Jesus Christ therefore I lead a balanced life (and I spread my arms wide.) Reminding myself each day that I’m strong and can do whatever I want to do and know that I have the power within me to know what to do before I’m told is recognizing God’s truth.

“and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” – John 8:32

Seeing With Clear Vision; January 27, 2011

0 comments: