BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Seeing With a Clear Vision – January 23, 2011

“Take up the song; forget the epitaph.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay

I am one with God and with all in life. I accept that; I relish it; I am proud to be the person I am; the person God intends me to be. My biggest challenge is to not forget this. I tend to let old fears of insecurity and loneliness creep into my core of being. It is safe and quiet when I close my heart and eyes to the world outside. But is that the real me? I think not.

Every decision I make reflects back on the people in my life be they family, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. If I don’t affirm the truth of who I am, how can I ever be complete? My life would continue to play out as a sour note on a piano that needs tuning. I read once that one should be careful about what they say because your brain might actually take you seriously. For example, if you say, out of habit, “My head is killing me,” you might mean you have a bad headache, but your brain might be actually killing you. I know that it is a little over-dramatic, but you get my point which is that if we have a habit of saying negative things about ourselves, we need a new language or tune.

Having a positive attitude is the first step in living a life of wholeness. Taking this attitude gives me the opportunity to move forward with my life, not look back. It gives me the courage to say, “I am proud of who I am and the choices I make.”

I once interviewed a man who had written a beautiful poem that was used in a memorial service. I asked him if he wanted to add anything to our interview, to give me a quote I could use. He said, “When I die, I’d like people to remember me as a poet and not as a judge.” It got me to thinking of how people would remember me when I die. And then I realized that it was a waste of time thinking about it because I was living it every day. Proof of my experience is in my daily actions. That’s how people will remember me and with God as my source I have everything I need.

“Show by your good life that your works are done with gentleness born of wisdom.” – James 3:13

0 comments: